Tuesday, May 19, 2009

High school kids and the economy


Watch CBS Videos Online
This video was filmed in high schools near where I live. The students they interview are like the students I hope to be teaching. They have a lot more to worry about than passing an Algebra exam, which is necessary to get their dream, to go to college. But will their family be able to afford to send them to college?

This is part of a series from CBC, called Children of the Recession. You can read the text of the video at: Teens Bring Economic Stress To School: CBS Reports: Psychological Toll That Recession Is Taking On Students Is Expanding Teachers' Roles

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I have started substituting in science classes and talking to the students about my career in science and the opportunities out there in the science and math fields. I can see they are worried about their future and their families and they are looking for hope.
    Melissa K.

    ReplyDelete